LLB, University of Otago
Admitted to practise in New Zealand in 2007 and Western Australia in 2009
Associate member of the New Zealand Law Society
Shaan has more than five years’ experience working in general commercial law.
She spent four years working for a Wellington-based law firm which specialises in commercial and property law and spent over a year working for an insurance litigation firm in Western Australia, where she helped to establish a commercial practice. Shaan left practice in August 2012 to become a full-time mother.
Shaan’s experience includes:
- redrafting significant parts of the Electricity Industry Participation Code;
- advising a major financial institution in relation to its retail lending documentation and personal property securities;
- advising a number of infrastructure entities which service a self sufficient New Zealand island;
- advising in relation to licensing arrangements at a number of airports nationwide;
- advising franchisors;
- advising in relation to a variety of company restructurings;
- advising a number of national transport industry clients both here and in Australia;
- exposure to a number of resource and mining projects in Western Australia;
- commercial and residential conveyancing and leasing;
- advising a number of charitable entities; and
- advising in relation to the acquisition of small businesses.
CV available on request.